- [S2309] Geneology of The Bisbee Family (I) - Viola Drake Bisbee, Viola Drake Bisbee, compiler, (June 2000, Bisbee Family Connection, Decatur, MI), p. 56.
- [S1225] Two Brothers in the Pennsylvania Triangle, Margaret Jane Dunnihoo, (Erie, Pennsylvania: self published, 1974.), p. 8.
- [S1482] Bisbee, Fanny C. Bacon: Death Certificate, (New Castle).
- [S1575] Bisbee, Fanny C. Bacon: Gravestone, (Shreve Ridge Cemetery, Crawford County, Pennsylvania, read 1998 by William F. Bisbee.).
- [S2006] Bacon, Joseph (I705): 1870 US Census, (ww.ancestry.com (2003): National Archives and Records Administration micropublication M593, roll 1330; enumerated page 6, master page 36(B), line 16, dwelling 48, family 49; image downloaded 9/5/2008), 1870-Bloomfield.6.jpg.
- [S1736] Note.
Fanny's birth year varies quite a bit from document to document. Her death certificate gives her birth as 22 Oct 1848. As we shall see, the year is incorrect, but the day and month are probably right--people often confuse the year of their birth, but seldom lose track of the actual day and month. The 1900 census gives her birth as October 1851. Her grave stone gives her year of birth as 1852. Compiler believes all of these are incorrect, that she was actually born 22 Oct 1850.
The proof of her birth can be found in the early census of the Bacon family, where all the children are listed from eldest to youngest. In Fanny's case, she was born after Martha (1849), but before Morvaldin (1856). The 1850 census was taken on 3 October and the youngest child listed in the family was Martha (age 1). Fanny had not yet been born! Aurilla must have been pregnant with Fanny, who was born 19 days later on 22 October 1850. We find confirmation in the next census, enumerated in July 1860, where Martha, age 11, is followed by Fanny, age 9. Fanny turned ten in October, 1860. She appeared twice in the 1870 census, once in her parent's home and once in her own household. Her age in her parents home, as of June 1870, is 19--correct, because she will turn twenty in October. However, in her own household, her age is given as 18.
In summary, her birth was consistently and correctly reported in her parents household, but was never accurately reported after she got married and had her own family. She seems to have shaved her age a year or two in every subsequent census, creating a confusion that continued right up through her death and burial.
- [S2005] Bacon, Joseph (I705): 1860 US Census, (www.ancestry.com (2004): National Archives and Records Administration micropublication M653, roll 1099; enumerated page 193, master page 77A, line 1, dwelling 1427, family 1387; image downloaded 9/5/2008), 1860-Bloomfield.18.jpg.
- [S2028] Bisbee, Sylvester Sylvanus (I64): 1870 US Census, (www.ancestry.com (2003): National Archives and Records Administration micropublication M593, roll 1330; enumerated page 6, master page 36B, line 28, dwelling 49, family 50; image downloaded 10/20/2008.), 1870-Bloomfield.6.jpg.
- [S2155] Bisbee, Sylvester B. (I2166): 1880 US Census, (www.ancestry.com (2005): National Archives and Records Administration micropublication T9, roll 860, enumeration district (ED) 60, enumerated page 3, master page 202C, line 18, dwelling 29, family 31; image accessed 12/27/2008.), 1880.NY.Madison.Lebanon.60.3.
- [S2030] Bisbee, Sylvester Sylvanus (I64): 1900 US Census, (www.ancestry.com (2004): National Archives and Records Administration micropublication T623, roll 1399; enumeration district (ED) 3, sheet 2B, page 25B, line 94, dwelling 50, family 54; image downloaded 10/20/2008.), 1900-Bloomfield.3.4.jpg.
- [S2032] Bisbee, Sylvester Sylvanus (I64): 1910 US Census, (www.ancestry.com (2006): National Archives and Records Administration micropublication T624, roll 1343; enumeration district (ED) 133, sheet 17B, page 152B, line 74, dwelling 424, family 434; image downloaded 10/20/2008.), 1910-Union_Ward_1.133.4.jpg.
- [S1462] Bisbee, Sylvester Sylvanus: Obituary, (Public Library, Union City, Pennsylvania, online at ).
- [S1461] Bisbee, Sylvester Sylvanus: Biography, ((Chicago, Warner, Beers & Co., 1885), 791).